Sonos Play:5 2nd Gen Lag or delay on Spotify

• 11 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi! I've bought 2 play 5 2nd gen devices. A year ago i had no troubles, but from that time y had troubles with one of them.  When i turn on de Spotify app and play a song for the first time, it often sounds with no delay, but after 3 o 4 songs it begins the lag or delay. It could take until 30 seconds.

I've updated sonos and spotify app, and nothing happens.  After 1 or 2 hours it begins ok, then fail after 3 or 4 songs again.

Please, i need your help. Its a dissguse to take a pause to enjoy my inversion with one of the best audio sistem and get frustrated with this issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Navarroepul, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Problems like this are often the result of issues on the local network - would it be possible to reboot your router, as well as all Sonos devices, and then test to see if there’s any improvement?

If you continue to have trouble, mind sharing how the network is set up? What make/model of router are you using, are there any wireless extenders or access points in use, and how are the Sonos speakers connecting?

Let us know how you get on :)

I’m having the same issues, great wifi throughout the house with the Google Mesh system. Do I need to reboot all my Sonos units? I think it’s like 10?