Answered

Sonos play:1 to PS4

• 14 May 2018
  • 4 replies

I was recently bought a pair of play:1 speakers as a gift. I’m wondering what’s the most cost effective way of getting them to play audio from my PS4 if possible.
icon

Best answer by lewisc 14 May 2018, 16:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
You can't directly connect the PS4 to the Play:1s. You will need a device that can accept physical input (so either Connect, Connect Amp, Playbar or Play 5). I have my PS4/Sky/Blueray plugged into my tv via hdmi then my tv connected to Sonos: https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/sharing-my-new-sonos-setup-with-vinyl-player-and-tv-connection-6797724
..or a playbase or playbar. That would actually give you the best performance, but would not be the most cost effective. I would not buy anything right now though, as Sonos has an announcement early June about a new home theatre product.
Yeah looks like the connect would be cheapest but it’s not exactly the job it’s meant for so not sure if the performance would be perfect, might wait till next month then and see what comes out or just save and get the playbar. Thanks for the help.
Even in the new device doesn't meet your needs, or is out of your price range, there's a strong chance that existing playbar owner's buy the new device and put their playbar on ebay or something.