Answered

Sonos One repeats every Amazon Music song once

Badge
I have a Sonos One system, and I listen to a lot of music via playlists I have set up on Amazon Music. For the last few months whenever I play a playlist, especially if I set it for "shuffle" each song is played twice in a row. The song simply starts again once it's completed, then it moves on to another song and does the same thing. I cannot figure out if I have a setting somewhere that is causing this, or if it's a bug. This does not happen if I am listen to an Amazon Music station, only on playlists I have set up with AM.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 28 May 2019, 18:45

Moderator Note: This issue should now be resolved. If you're experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new thread.

Hi art4mad,

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. We don't have a timeline for a fix right now, but I'll update this thread when there's more information available.
View original

15 replies

Badge
I should add this does not happen when I play the identical playlists on an Echo device, and that this just started happened a month or so ago after the Sonos One worked flawlessly since the Holidays. Nothing new has been introduced into the network, and the unit(s) are positioned near enough to the router for a very strong signal. I have two Sonos Ones paired with a Sonos Sub.
Badge
I see other threads that concern similar issues are asked for a diagnostic. I just did one after another song repeated, the confirmation number is 681838223.
art4mad,

I’ve not seen or heard of this before, but my suggestion would be to remove the sub from the room. Unpair the stereo speakers and then clear their queues in the “now playing” screen.

Turn off both 'shuffle' and 'repeat' at the top of the queue playlist for each named speaker, that’s if either are enabled.

Power down all your Sonos products for 30 seconds and then power them on again, one at a time and create the stereo pair in room settings and also add the sub.

Then see if that perhaps fixes the problem.
Badge
Thanks, Ken.I'll try that out
Badge
art4mad,

I’ve not seen or heard of this before, but my suggestion would be to remove the sub from the room. Unpair the stereo speakers and then clear their queues in the “now playing” screen.

Turn off both 'shuffle' and 'repeat' at the top of the queue playlist for each named speaker, that’s if either are enabled.

Power down all your Sonos products for 30 seconds and then power them on again, one at a time and create the stereo pair in room settings and also add the sub.

Then see if that perhaps fixes the problem.

Thanks, Ken. I followed your advice. Removed the sub and unpaired the two Sonos Ones. There was no "queue" since I was shuffling music from an Amazon Music playlist. Neither "shuffle" nor "repeat" were enabled. I powered down all the Sonos equipment. After a few minutes I powered up my main Sonos One only. Listened to the same playlist that all day long has been playing each song twice (and sometime three times) in a row. No repeats. After an hour or so I powered on the second Sonos One and paired them for stereo as before. Then played that same playlist for another hour. No repeats. Finally I powered on and added back in the sub. So far again, no repeats. Looks like that worked!

I'm curious what led you to think that might be the issue?
art4mad,

My own thoughts was perhaps a minor 'glitch' in the stereo pairing process and that the Playlists were loading to each speaker and creating duplicates. One playlist on the left and one on the right.

In a stereo pair it’s normally the left speaker that acts as the ‘master’ controlling device for the pair. So that was why I thought breaking the pairing link between the two devices and powering them off might clear any software glitches... then it was a case of re-pairing them back.

So that was my thinking here, but not ever heard of the issue before.

Hopefully all should now be well going forward, but just post back here if you encounter any further problems.
Badge
art4mad,

My own thoughts was perhaps a minor 'glitch' in the stereo pairing process and that the Playlists were loading to each speaker and creating duplicates. One playlist on the left and one on the right.

In a stereo pair it’s normally the left speaker that acts as the ‘master’ controlling device for the pair. So that was why I thought breaking the pairing link between the two devices and powering them off might clear any software glitches... then it was a case of re-pairing them back.

So that was my thinking here, but not ever heard of the issue before.

Hopefully all should now be well going forward, but just post back here if you encounter any further problems.

Well, unfortunately the issue is back today. Well, unfortunately the issue is back today. The Sonos Ones play each Amazon Music song two times in a row. The Sonos Ones play each Amazon Music song two times in a row. Guess I'll have to hope a future update corrects the problem. Guess I'll have to hope a future update corrects the problem. Thanks for the help. Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Moderator Note: This issue should now be resolved. If you're experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new thread.

Hi art4mad,

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. We don't have a timeline for a fix right now, but I'll update this thread when there's more information available.
Badge
Thank you. Thank you.
I am amused by your subtlety. 🙂
Badge
I am amused by your subtlety. :)
Thanks. Thanks.

Okay enough of that.

In case other people are searching for this issue I thought I'd post other troubleshooting I have done.

I noticed that both my Sonos Ones were listed as separate devices (Sonos and 2nd Sonos) in the Alexa App. My first try was to deregister just one of the Sonos Ones in Alexa. I had to turn off the microphone manually on that Sonos as every time I said "Alexa" the registered speak would work but the de-resistered one would tell me it was having trouble connecting and to try later. The result was only one speaker listening and responding as Alexa, and speaker two just playing music. This did not work. Same repeating issues.

Next I de-registered both Sonos Ones in the Alexa App, and disabled the Sonos skill there as well. I then deleted the Alexa voice service in the Sonos app (Settings>Room Settings>" Your Room Name... mine is 'Studio'"(L+R+Sub)>VOICE SERVICES. Then I enabled the Sonos skill again in the Alexa app, signing in to Amazon as required. I then re-added the Alexa Voice Service in the Sonos App. This resulted in not the two separate Sonos Ones listed under "devices" in Alexa as before, but just the room "Studio" which the submenu says is "Connected via: Sonos" and described as "Sonos player in Studio" and "Type: Speaker". I thought that might fix it.

Nope. It still plays the same song back to back. Interestingly enough, once it starts this behavior it will repeat EVERY song twice as long as it remains ongoing, even if I pause and resume. However if I say "Alexa, skip this song" when a duplicate is playing, it will play several songs in a row without repeating. Eventually it will start again. Very odd.

I'm sure the Sonos/Amazon folks will figure this out eventually. I'll just have to "skip this song" a bunch of times a day. 😞
Art4Mad,

When de-registering all your Sonos devices in the Alexa App, I would also remove the Sonos devices from the Amazon online account. (Manage Content and Devices area).

Also in the Amazon online account, there is a section called “login with Amazon” (it’s difficult to find, but look in your profile/account area for the link) which holds the sharing agreement token between Sonos and Amazon... I would delete those tokens.

i would logout of the Amazon Alexa App too on the local mobile controller device and delete that 'device-link' in the Amazon online account (also under manage content and devices) and setup the link again by logging back into the local Amazon Alexa App

Then setup the “Sonos Skill” in the Alexa App once again and setup the devices and Sonos/Amazon sharing agreements from scratch.

That may 'perhaps' resolve the duplication issue.

That may 'perhaps' resolve the duplication issue. (ha ha)
Add me to the list. I'm only using one speaker
I’m having issue with both of my one speakers. Using Alexa and using pandora. Please expedite this.
I too am having this issue and only have one speaker.