Question

Sonos One + 5 + Echo Dot = Amazon Echo Music Plan Ok?

• 2 December 2017
  • 1 reply

I just bought and am setting up a Sonos system with two One units in the bedroom and one 5 unit in the living room. I bought an Echo dot to control the 5 in the living room. Can I subscribe to the Amazon Echo music plan (only for Echo streaming) for the Dot and then stream the audio to the bedroom and/or living room Sonos units, individually or as a group? Likewise, can the One be controlled by the Dot itself or only via the built in Alexa system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I believe Amazon will only let you stream one at a time with the Echo music service. So if you have it streaming via voice control in one room you will get a message that there is already music playing in other room if you try to start a new stream in next room (although I have had it then actually play in both but I wouldn't rely on it doing so).

You can control the Play:5 from the Play One voice control and you can control the Play One also via voice control from the Dot.