Answered

Sonos on PC?

• 13 October 2017
  • 2 replies

I control my playbar and sonos 1 (located on the main/ downstairs floor) through my android tablet. My pc (on which I also have sonos) is upstairs. Difficult to evaluate/ judge new music on my pc when I can't hear it. Is it possible to hear the sonos music on the pc?
icon

Best answer by Kumar 13 October 2017, 03:49

Only by getting speakers like the 5 to which you can run a wire from the PC to their line in jack. A pair of computer speakers would be a cheaper and simple option. Or even a decent quality bluetooth speaker will serve this purpose if your PC is bluetooth equipped.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Only by getting speakers like the 5 to which you can run a wire from the PC to their line in jack. A pair of computer speakers would be a cheaper and simple option. Or even a decent quality bluetooth speaker will serve this purpose if your PC is bluetooth equipped.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
The way I understand it is that anything you control Sonos with (including the PC) is to be thought of as a Sonos remote control. For Sonos playback you need a physical piece of hardware from Sonos designed to do it. No matter how well equipped your remote control is, Sonos are not interested in making it work as a player. Reasons seem to vary from sound quality to system stability but have only been conjecture as far as I know.