Answered

Sonos occasionally repeating songs on Amazon Music

• 26 March 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Whether it's playlists or just random songs, Amazon on Sonos occasionally will repeat a song. A little annoying. It doesn't do this on Amazon devices. Only Sonos.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 March 2019, 20:49

The next time it happens, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

The problem is that there are quite a few reasons why this might happen, from issues in your LAN, to issues with Amazon. It's only by providing Sonos with some hard data that they'll be able to help you.
View original

8 replies

The next time it happens, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

The problem is that there are quite a few reasons why this might happen, from issues in your LAN, to issues with Amazon. It's only by providing Sonos with some hard data that they'll be able to help you.
Same thing happens to me all the time. About 3 times per hour
Should I retype my reply to the OP? It applied equally to you, if you're experiencing the same thing.
Thank you for the snark Airgetlam. When diagnosing a problem, it is often valuable to know there is not just one user experiencing the behavior. Having built complex systems and diagnosed problems, knowing it is not isolated to a single user is valuable info. It is also a comfort to the person experiencing the issue to know it is not just them.
Indeed. But you haven't supplied any particular data to Sonos in order to assist them to track it down. All you've done is say "me too", which, while is indeed some information, isn't as much as would be in a diagnostic that was submitted, and the number posted here.

And, in fact, it's entirely possible that the issue being experienced by the OP is a completely different one than the one that you're experiencing. Sure, the symptom may be similar, but the cause doesn't have to be.

But it's entirely up to you.
Badge
Same stuff here. Plays a couple songs normally then starts repeating every song. I have 6 Ones, a Beam, Playbar, Sub too. So frustrating. Help!!
As of June 24, Sonos techs are investigating at the issue:

"Our technicians are looking into an issue causing repeat playback of Pandora and Amazon Music when using Alexa voice commands. We don't have an ETA right now for a fix, but we'll update this thread when we have more to share. You should be able to play songs without repeats by using the Sonos app in the meantime."
Badge
OK, Alexa play "xyzzy" music from the Sonos app..... Ummm.... what?? Something went wrong, please try again.