Sonos not working on Apple TV

• 30 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue, which I have ignored for a couple months now. 

I have x2 Ikea symfonisk sonos speakers that I had linked to my Apple TV. Until December they were working fine but suddenly stopped working altogether. 

I decided to reset the speakers and set them up again and whilst doing this reset the Apple TV as well. The TV can identify the speakers (when I press the TV button on the handset) but when I select them as an option (tick the circle) it times out and reverts to the speakers in the TV. 

I know the speakers are working as I can link my iPhone to them but when done via the Apple TV box, nothing. 

I’ve carried out a few forum searches on this and it seems that others have had a similar issue. Most people seem to have lost the link. I haven't but the link no longer seems to work. 

Any help would be appreciated 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jol S,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Let me share some information with you.

You can stream via AirPlay 2 on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, or Mac to stream your favorite music, movies, podcasts, and other audio directly to your IKEA Symfonisk products so long they are in the same network to be able to communicate.

Let me ask a few questions to isolate the issue.

• Can you stream music using the Sonos app to your IKEA products?
  • Have you tried using another device to stream music?
  • Have you tried rebooting your Apple TV? 
  • How about disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable on your Apple TV?
  • Have you tried rebooting all your network and IKEA products?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit a diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. We’ll wait for your reply.