Answered

Sonos not working

• 24 October 2018
  • 7 replies

On my sonos play 3 when plugged in the white light flashes a few times then goes off and doesn't re light
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 24 October 2018, 21:01

OK...I wasn't trying to waste your time. At this juncture I suggest you submit a diagnostic and post the reference ID in this forum. Call Sonos so they can assist you in real time. Unfortunately your Play 3 may have a faulty power supply 😞 However, let Sonos Tech Support make the final analysis. Good Luck!

Cheers!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Browny549

A couple of questions:

1. Can you see the Play 3 in the Sonos App?
2. Is the Play 3 wired via Ethernet?

Cheers!
Hi AjTrek1

No it doesn't it doesn't even turn on properly, when it is plugged in the light flashes for about 3-4 seconds and then the light goes off and no it isn't wired via ethernet

thank you
Userlevel 7
OK...

Unplug it.
Wire it to your router
Plug it in again
Any change in behavior...and if so...?
Can you see it in the Sonos app?
Just done that and the light flashes a few times and the light goes off and no I can't see it on the app
Userlevel 7
OK...I wasn't trying to waste your time. At this juncture I suggest you submit a diagnostic and post the reference ID in this forum. Call Sonos so they can assist you in real time. Unfortunately your Play 3 may have a faulty power supply 😞 However, let Sonos Tech Support make the final analysis. Good Luck!

Cheers!
How do I get a diagnostic report?
Userlevel 7
Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Submit Diagnostic

If you are on the Plaiying Now screen tap More in the lower right corner and follow the same steps as above.