Question

Sonos not recognizing album in iTunes library

• 6 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi, I purchased an album through iTunes in 2007, and I cannot get it to show in the sonos music library. I have tried changing each track in the album from .m4p to .m4a to no effect. I have tried to update the music library repeatedly, I have quit sonos and rebooted it, I have rebooted the computer, nothing seems to work. Any insight is appreciated. I'm running mac OS 10.14.6 and Sonos v 10.3

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
iTunes also provides the facility to convert all iTunes formats to mp3- you could try converting the Apple format to mp3.

Airgetlam is also correct, you should be able to download an unprotected version of all purchases.
You may not need to repurchase it. Apple removed DRM from a large portion of their catalog a few years ago. It may be enough to delete your current copy, and download a new copy from Apple, which *may* now be DRM free.
I think the album is protected. I remember having an issue with this a while ago. I’ll try repurchasing it on iTunes in a non protected format.
Is it in a Protected form - iTunes used to sell some stuff in a copy-protected digital way.
In fact I think .m4p does indicatie a protected file. Simply changing the extension won't make any difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Is it in a Protected form - iTunes used to sell some stuff in a copy-protected digital way.
Check the Folders view in the Sonos music library. Does it appear there?