Question

Sonos not recognizing album in iTunes library

• 6 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi, I purchased an album through iTunes in 2007, and I cannot get it to show in the sonos music library. I have tried changing each track in the album from .m4p to .m4a to no effect. I have tried to update the music library repeatedly, I have quit sonos and rebooted it, I have rebooted the computer, nothing seems to work. Any insight is appreciated. I'm running mac OS 10.14.6 and Sonos v 10.3

6 replies

Check the Folders view in the Sonos music library. Does it appear there?
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Is it in a Protected form - iTunes used to sell some stuff in a copy-protected digital way.
Is it in a Protected form - iTunes used to sell some stuff in a copy-protected digital way.
In fact I think .m4p does indicatie a protected file. Simply changing the extension won't make any difference.
I think the album is protected. I remember having an issue with this a while ago. I’ll try repurchasing it on iTunes in a non protected format.
You may not need to repurchase it. Apple removed DRM from a large portion of their catalog a few years ago. It may be enough to delete your current copy, and download a new copy from Apple, which *may* now be DRM free.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
iTunes also provides the facility to convert all iTunes formats to mp3- you could try converting the Apple format to mp3.

Airgetlam is also correct, you should be able to download an unprotected version of all purchases.