Answered

Sonos not connecting to a radio station

• 20 September 2022
  • 2 replies

When connecting to a radio station, the TuneIn jingle and an ad play over and over again. Other stations are working. This station WAS working just two days ago. What gives ?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 September 2022, 16:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Usually, that ‘pre-roll’ advertising is inserted by TuneIn when it perceives a new connection, which suggests there’s possibly some new wifi interference affecting the ability of your Sonos speakers in reaching the appropriate server to get the stream. I’d recommend reading the linked FAQ and seeing what potential changes you might apply. Note that all interference doesn’t necessarily come from within your home, I had an instance where a neighbor set up a new router that stomped all over the SonosNet frequency I was using at the time. 

I’m now wondering which radio station you are referring to here and how you launch the station (i.e. from a saved favourite, or direct from the installed tune-in service in the music services tab in the Sonos app etc. 🤔)?