Answered

Sonos no longer sorts Qobuz favorite artists alphabetically

• 11 June 2021
  • 4 replies

For so long as I have used Qobuz streamed through Sonos  I have been able to access my favorite artists alphabetically.  Just a few weeks ago, this feature magically disappeared.    I sort artists alphabetically in the Qobuz app and double checked to make sure my election had not changed -- it had not.  I have contacted Qobuz for explanation.  Qobuz returned and explained that they provide the streaming and metadata, but it is the Sonos app that is at fault. I'd be interested if others have this same problem.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 June 2021, 22:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sonos has never sorted any lists of anything they receive from a stream, it’s up to that stream to do the sorting. This has been discussed (not with Qobuz, but many other streaming companies) at length in the past in this forum.

I’d guess that Qobuz made a change to their server. And that the rep you spoke with was unfamiliar with the way Sonos doesn’t modify the response it gets back from the streamer. 

Qobuz does sort favorite artists alphabetically.  Something is lost in translation between Qobuz and Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Qobuz does sort favorite artists alphabetically.  Something is lost in translation between Qobuz and Sonos.

No. Qobuz are delivering the data in the undesirable order, it is their problem to fix. Sonos never change the order of third party data.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

My understanding is that Qobuz deliver it by the date you added it.