Answered

sonos ios app music library

• 7 October 2021
  • 4 replies

I try to add a music library on the ios app on an ipad. I get asked the path of my music files (\\computer name\\path) and I have great difficulties specifying that path. At least \\name of ipad\folder name does not work. Any ideas how I can find the path of an folder including computer name? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 October 2021, 23:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you trying to add a music library stored on a Mac or stored on your iPad? You can add your music library stored on a Mac or NAS but not stored on an iPhone or iPad.

Hi. Stop trying. Use the Sonos app on the computer on which the files are stored to add the library. You will still be able to access and play it from the iPad once it has been set up.

Are you trying to add a music library stored on a Mac or stored on your iPad? You can add your music library stored on a Mac or NAS but not stored on an iPhone or iPad.

My idea was to store my music files on an ipad (I don’t want to keep my computer turned on). But that seems impossible. Is itunes an option or is it just not possible to play local music files stored on an ipad on sonos? thanks!

Userlevel 7

You can stream the music stored on your iPad or iPhone to Sonos speakers using AirPlay. You just need an AirPlay-compatible Sonos speaker.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1230?language=en_US