Sonos HD still playing commercials even after I subscribe

• 31 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I just ordered Sonos HD (the new service) so that I could get rid of the commercials in the middle of the music. Now that I’m subscribed and paying for the service I still hear “you are listening to _____ on Sonos radio” announcement every once in a while. Those announcements are precisely the stuff that I’m paying to get rid of. Am I doing something wrong?

If I have guests over to the house the last thing I want is for the music playing to be interrupted for Sonos to promote themselves. If this is a thing that I can’t change I’ll be canceling the service immediately. Is there a way to get rid of them? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1

The “You’re listening to Sonos Radio” is part of the radio stream probably because the FCC requires radio stations to identify themselves throughout the broadcast day.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=824d02966c53f6b0d5c4d6c6247b45f3&mc=true&node=se47.4.73_11201&rgn=div8

Neither Spotify nor Apple Music do this. I’ve just subscribed to Sonos Radio HD and I’m experiencing the same “You're listening to Sonos Radio”, “Cruse Control, on Sonos”, etc., every so often. It’s pretty freaking annoying, and if it persists, I’ll unsubscribe. And no, I’m not listening to the free version.

Userlevel 7

The “You’re listening to Sonos Radio” is part of the radio stream probably because the FCC requires radio stations to identify themselves throughout the broadcast day.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=824d02966c53f6b0d5c4d6c6247b45f3&mc=true&node=se47.4.73_11201&rgn=div8

Hi,

i am also paying for Sonos  Radio and am also getting the “ you`re listening to Sonos Radio or “ cruise Control  and then some catchy comment ...is this necessary ?, also again i had to reauthorise my Sonos radio account to play as it said i was not authorised...this is silly to say the least !

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @brainphawkins.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks Mark!

I only listen to music mixes (like the holiday music mix). I don’t try and listen to local or global radio on Sonos radio.

The Sonos announcement only happens when I am listening to Sonos Radio.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @brainphawkins.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I’ve checked your account and the Sonos radio is fully activated.

Under Sonos Radio HD are you getting this message from Sonos present / Sonos Stations / Local & Global stations?

Are you experiencing this message thru all out of music or stations your playing under Sonos Radio HD?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.