Answered

Sonos for android will not add Apple Music

• 24 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

When I try to add apple music to sonos, I get a blank screen. I went through all steps on the support page and nothing worked. I also have the latest sonos app and software installed.

This is clearly a problem with the android app. 

How can I add apple music to my sonos system?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 24 October 2021, 20:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Apparently this is currently a ‘known’ issue (reported here previously) that Sonos/Apple are already investigating - the workaround suggested is to try to use an iOS device for the Apple Music Service setup until a fix is released.

See this thread too: 

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/can-t-add-apple-music-on-android-sonos-app-6861876

I’m also having this issue. I don’t have an iOS device so really need this fixed.

Please read the thread linked in the post immediately before yours. 

Experiencing same issue. Screen blanks whether I select 'existing account" or "create new account".

Tried resetting, getting newest updates, other devices, etc. I do not have an apple device.

Experiencing same issue. Screen blanks whether I select 'existing account" or "create new account".

Tried resetting, getting newest updates, other devices, etc. I do not have an apple device.

Maybe see this LINK which perhaps might go someway to solving your issue until a fix is in place.😀

Userlevel 1

I am a former spotify customer. There were two reasons I switched. 1) Sound quality of Apple is superior. 2) Apple’s library had a greater selection of 20/21st century contemporary classical and avant garde composers I follow.

Sonos is taking there sweet time fixing this problem in their android. It just keeps me from purchasing any more sonos products until the issue is resolved. 

Unless it’s not an issue on Sonos’ side of things, but instead an issue with Apple’s response not conforming to requirements. We just don’t know, since Sonos would be unwilling to throw Apple under the bus….but Sonos does normally fix bugs like this in their own software much more quickly. 

I’m worried right now that there’s nothing Sonos can do about it, and it’s entirely on Apple’s side of things. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

seems like they finally fixed it. I just tried logging into Apple Music on my Android and it straight away worked for me. Awesome