Answered

sonos does not pick up my playlists

• 2 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Sonos would not pick up my playlist, so I converted the playlist to M3U and Sonos did pick it up.  But it also duplicated so I now have two of every imported playlist?

do I have to do convert every time to m3u and again after every time I add to a playlist.

how do I stop the duplication too

thank you

icon

Best answer by Richard F. 3 March 2020, 20:41

Hello @btlynn. Welcome to the community. I understand that you are seeing duplicate playlists on Sonos. Is this music stored on iTunes? 

Any duplicate playlists that are seen are usually the result of multiple iTunes playlist files being indexed by Sonos across one or more Music Library shares. iTunes playlists are stored in a file called "iTunes Music Library.xml" or “iTunes Library.xml.” If you go into your music library’s folder, you will see these files in the root folder. 

If you find that you have duplicate iTunes Music Library XML files, take a look at the timestamps, or last modified date of the playlist files, and make sure only the most recently updated XML file remains in the folder.

After removing extra XML files, be sure to update the music library index in Sonos to remove the old playlists from showing in Sonos.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello @btlynn. Welcome to the community. I understand that you are seeing duplicate playlists on Sonos. Is this music stored on iTunes? 

Any duplicate playlists that are seen are usually the result of multiple iTunes playlist files being indexed by Sonos across one or more Music Library shares. iTunes playlists are stored in a file called "iTunes Music Library.xml" or “iTunes Library.xml.” If you go into your music library’s folder, you will see these files in the root folder. 

If you find that you have duplicate iTunes Music Library XML files, take a look at the timestamps, or last modified date of the playlist files, and make sure only the most recently updated XML file remains in the folder.

After removing extra XML files, be sure to update the music library index in Sonos to remove the old playlists from showing in Sonos.

I look forward to hearing back from you.