Question

Sonos connections with spotify has been lost

• 17 February 2020
  • 8 replies

Diagnostic Confirmation Number : 1588174401

This happens pretty frequently everyday. About every 10 minutes. Songs will continue to play, but users will have the Sonos window brought to the front of their desktops with the error message populating.

Best,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Greetings @jaydubya ,

Thanks for the post with the confirmation number. It looks like both Ethernet ports on your Connect: Amp are active. By tracing the cables from the back of the unit, can you confirm where are the cables connected to?

@Sebastien D. 

It looks like this is directly plugged into our switch on-site. Let me know if there is any other information you need.

Best,

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks, can you also provide the make and model number of your switch? Also, are there issues when you are initiating playback from another streaming service within Sonos besides Spotify?

Lastly, click here to check firewall settings in case it needs to be manually configured.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Have you got the chance to share them the firewall page from our website that I have attached earlier to see if there’s anything they can to configure any settings?

@Sebastien D. 

We enabled the inbound traffic to those ports on our physical firewall, and disabled the software firewall, and confirmed that the errors were still present. 

Sent Diagnostic information again : 1947859505

Thanks for your consideration.

Best,

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Understood, remove one Ethernet connection from the Connect: Amp so there is only one Ethernet port active. Reboot the Connect: Amp and if possible I would reboot the network as well. Then, initiate playback and let me know if the issue still persists.

@Sebastien D. 

So sorry to bother you again. Unfortunately, that did not offer resolution either. We have verified that there is only one network cable going into the box, and the machine and Sonicwall have been rebooted.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

No problem at all. Please submit another diagnostic report with an updated confirmation number.

Thanks again.