Answered

Sonos Connect cutting in and out during playback

• 26 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Sonos Systems:
Amp (wireless- DHCP reserved)
connect (hardwired- DHCP reserved)
play5 (wireless - DHCP reserved)

All of my sonos components are working correctly except for the sonos connect. The audio playback is cutting in and out every 10 seconds or so with about 10 seconds of no audio.

Previously, I had this issue and worked with sonos to diagnose the problem. We determined the xbox one that was connected to the network may be causing issues.The problem has now come back after a while. I now have the xbox one completely disconnected and the problem is persisting.

I have tried updating all software, playing from a different music source (local, music library, spotify, pandora) with the same results. In the room advance configuration steps I have disabled the connect from using wireless to determine if that was the issue.

Any suggestions on next steps?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 October 2018, 20:13

When you say "Amp", do you mean a Sonos CONNECT:AMP?

I'm wondering if there's some possibility of a hardware failure on your CONNECT, and am wondering (if it happens to be a CONNECT:AMP) what happens if you run the input to the CONNECT:AMP, rather than the CONNECT. At least, that's the way I'd expect to be able to identify if it's the input, versus the hardware.

You might also want to work again with Sonos, just as you did before. Submit that diagnostic, give them a call. If it is a hardware failure, it's possible (or not) that it might show up in the diagnostic. And talking directly to them might give them a chance to remote in to your system and do some magic wand wavy stuff via remote desktop.

Ah. In re-reading your post, you indicated that it's all sources, not just the "line in" input source. Do you have this CONNECT feeding an external amp, which is where you're getting that dropout?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

When you say "Amp", do you mean a Sonos CONNECT:AMP?

I'm wondering if there's some possibility of a hardware failure on your CONNECT, and am wondering (if it happens to be a CONNECT:AMP) what happens if you run the input to the CONNECT:AMP, rather than the CONNECT. At least, that's the way I'd expect to be able to identify if it's the input, versus the hardware.

You might also want to work again with Sonos, just as you did before. Submit that diagnostic, give them a call. If it is a hardware failure, it's possible (or not) that it might show up in the diagnostic. And talking directly to them might give them a chance to remote in to your system and do some magic wand wavy stuff via remote desktop.

Ah. In re-reading your post, you indicated that it's all sources, not just the "line in" input source. Do you have this CONNECT feeding an external amp, which is where you're getting that dropout?
Ah, one more thing. You may be having simple wifi interference issues, since you listed that amp as wireless. It might be that a neighbor has set up a new network that's impinging on the same channel, or a device has recently started "bleeding" over into the wifi spectrum. You may want to try changing your wireless channel, too.
Thanks for the help, all! I worked with Sonos and after many troubleshooting steps, the company has determined a memory module is bad and the hardware is faulty. I will have to purchase a new product if I want to continue to use Sonos.

Thanks for the help!