Answered

Sonos cannot find music files from iTunes...

• 14 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Here's my problem: I update my music library on Sonos (I have 730 songs in my iTunes library). I press Play. Sonos "skips" thru 714 of these songs with a message that appears for a nano-second and doesn't allow me to read it in any detail. Message says something about not being able to find the file for each of the 714 songs it hasn't played. All these songs are sitting in a folder, on Sonos, right in front of my eyes! WTF! Also, out of the blue after 5 years of perfect playback with no changes to my setup, songs are now cutting off up to 40 seconds before they're supposed to finish. WTF!!!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 17 April 2018, 00:13

Hello there, User411862. Thanks for posting! When users describe problems accessing their music library, I recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to get a closer look at how Sonos is attempting to access your music library and get this sorted.

If all music services are dropping out after a short time, it could be something larger at hand on the network. If this is the case, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, User411862. Thanks for posting! When users describe problems accessing their music library, I recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to get a closer look at how Sonos is attempting to access your music library and get this sorted.

If all music services are dropping out after a short time, it could be something larger at hand on the network. If this is the case, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end.