Answered

Sonos breaking up with Amazon Music

• 21 March 2020
  • 3 replies

I’ve recently switched from Spotify to Amazon Music and my Sonos speakers keep cutting in and out when trying to play Amazon Music. I don’t have any problem when I’m playing just on my phone.

I never had this problem with Spotify and don’t have it with the TuneIn radio stations.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 March 2020, 20:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Each streaming company has differing tolerances for disconnects in your Sonos system. I would be looking at the FAQ for wifi interference.

Thanks for your response Bruce. Really disappointing that Amazon’s tolerances are so poor.

I’m not sure they’re poor, just different. All this does is point to an issue in your local network.

There’s a different connection between your speakers and Amazon then there is between your phone and Amazon. I’m not sure, but it’s even possible, no, likely, that they use different servers to feed each stream. 

Reading through that FAQ I linked would help you iron out any potential issues between the Sonos speakers and your router.

In fact, if you prefer, up you could submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.