Answered

Sonos Arc won't play my USB files.

• 3 April 2021
  • 3 replies

When I plug my USB into my TV (Sony Bravia A8 OLED), the arc does not play the audio files for movies, even though they are Dolby Atmos, it switches to the TV audio automatically, even though the settings say its playing through the speakers? Does the Sonos Arc not support USB files playing through the TV?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 3 April 2021, 16:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

ARC is connected via HDMI 3 (eARC). My issue is that I get ATMOS signals fine from streaming services such as Netflix, but when I plug in a USB to the TV that has atmos demo files to test, I see that i only get a Dolby digital plus 2.0. I have a done a bit of research into this. Some posts have stated that possibly its the video player that does not support the audio file? I have downloaded VLC via android Googleplay store to check that also, but the same issue occurs. Thanks for your reply.

As you can get atmos via Netflix, this confirms that the Arc is setup and connected correctly.  This site gives some advice on Audio settings with VLC - Everything About Volume & Audio Controls in VLC Media Player (vlchelp.com)

ARC is connected via HDMI 3 (eARC). My issue is that I get ATMOS signals fine from streaming services such as Netflix, but when I plug in a USB to the TV that has atmos demo files to test, I see that i only get a Dolby digital plus 2.0. I have a done a bit of research into this. Some posts have stated that possibly its the video player that does not support the audio file? I have downloaded VLC via android Googleplay store to check that also, but the same issue occurs. Thanks for your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The Arc would be unaware that audio is from a USB. This will most probably be a TV setting.  How have you connected your Arc to your TV?