Question

Sonos Arc FM WhatsApp issue

• 7 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I just got my Sonos Arc, and it’s great. Got the Sonos app and set it up. I have a dual band router and the app connected my Arc to the 2GHz network for my router. The problem is, on my iPhone, I always use the 5GHz network because it’s much faster.

The problem with the FM WhatsApp which is downloaded from here it doesn’t sound when someone msg me i cant hear on Sonos Arc whenever my phone is connected to the 5GHz network, only when I am connected to the 2GHz network.

Am I gonna have to keep switching networks on my phone to the 2GHz network.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not sure what you are trying to achieve. In most cases the 5Ghz network and the 2,4Ghz network originate from the same router. When Sonos is connected to the 2,4Ghz network (it cannot be connected to the 5Ghz network) and your iPhone is connected to the 5Ghz network, you can command Sonos from your phone because both networks are connected via your router - same as when you connect Sonos by cable. So having a 5Ghz and a 2,4Ghz network should not be a problem.

I do not understand what you are describing that is wrong with Sonos and the Whatsapp program you are using. Can you clarify?

You can just try the latest version of FM WhatsApp here you can download. 

First of all, try to use the official WhatsApp. If the official WhatsApp is not working properly, So have you tried using any other alternative mode version of WhatsApp like this GBWhatsapp or the one you are using? have you tried to Updated and checked. If you haven't done this, try this. Maybe this will solve your problem.