Answered

Sonos apps will not shuffle play iTunes library

• 10 March 2018
  • 3 replies

This morning I find that none of my Sonos apps—on iMac, iPad, or iPhone X—will shuffle play my iTunes library. I can play an individual song, but when I tell the app to other play songs either in order or shuffled, I only get several seconds of the spinning "Please wait" and then notice that it cannot add songs to the queue. The apps are up to date (the iMac app just updated an hour ago). Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 12 March 2018, 19:42

Hi there, dkeiger1. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Out of curiosity, how many songs do you have in your iTunes library? Currently, we are tracking a problem when queues are generated with over 500 items. This sounds very much like what you are describing in your post. While the team is actively working on a resolution, the best workaround is to load less than 500 items into the queue by breaking it up into smaller (
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Has this outstanding issue from March 2018 been resolved - I still don't seem to be able to shuffle play from my i-tunes library (which is well in excess of 500 tracks) ?
Well, that might well explain it, because I was unwittingly trying to set up a queue with more than 7,000 songs in it. Simply did not stop to think that it would not work like shuffle on an iPod, but would require creation of a Sonos queue. Too bad, in one respect, because I'd like to just be able to play songs from my iTunes library without having to create my own limited playlist first, but so it goes. Thank you for the answer, Keith.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, dkeiger1. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Out of curiosity, how many songs do you have in your iTunes library? Currently, we are tracking a problem when queues are generated with over 500 items. This sounds very much like what you are describing in your post. While the team is actively working on a resolution, the best workaround is to load less than 500 items into the queue by breaking it up into smaller (