Sonos apple music lossless

• 21 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Dear Sonos,

I know this question has been asked before. But is there any estimation when this will come ? 

Or just the confirmation it will come would be nice.

I mean native streaming like with Qobuz (AirPlay isn’t the same quality I notice)

thanks!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes, PLEASE give an update on this. 

Userlevel 2

Following.

The question is, if Sonon S2 app is the only one that stream in native way Apple Music, for other streamer you have to use only Airplay, why the stream is aac again and not lossless

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You should be asking Apple, not Sonos. Sonos don’t have anything to do with it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@controlav It is true that Apple is ultimately in control of what Apple Music features they give Sonos access to.  

But Sonos is not just some small company selling Bluetooth speakers to teenagers.  They are the largest manufacturer of whole home audio streaming devices (and rather expensive ones at that). Surely they have some pull with Apple and can say, “look at how many of your customers use our products?”.  Amazon and Tidal have high res offerings to their streaming customers on Sonos. I can’t imagine Apple loves looking like they are falling behind on features.

I realize Apple doesn’t really have to care about Sonos, but they aren’t direct competitors (all Apple has left in its speaker line are tiny 100 dollar home pod minis and who knows how long those will stick around after they discontinues the larger versions). It costs apple nothing to let their customers have access to all the features they are already paying for,

@controlav It is true that Apple is ultimately in control of what Apple Music features they give Sonos access to.  

But Sonos is not just some small company selling Bluetooth speakers to teenagers.  They are the largest manufacturer of whole home audio streaming devices (and rather expensive ones at that). Surely they have some pull with Apple and can say, “look at how many of your customers use our products?”.  Amazon and Tidal have high res offerings to their streaming customers on Sonos. I can’t imagine Apple loves looking like they are falling behind on features.

I realize Apple doesn’t really have to care about Sonos, but they aren’t direct competitors (all Apple has left in its speaker line are tiny 100 dollar home pod minis and who knows how long those will stick around after they discontinues the larger versions). It costs apple nothing to let their customers have access to all the features they are already paying for,

How do you know they haven't tried to influence Apple and been rebuffed?  And before you say it, Sonos is not going to throw a music partner under the bus by revealing private communications between them and Apple.