Sonos Apple Music error

• 15 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I have just started subscribing to Apple Music and thought it would be easy to play an iTunes playlist on Sonos but alas no. I have gone into the Sonia S1 app on my iPhone, then browse, Apple Music, My music, Playlists. Selected the playlist but all the songs are greyed out and when you press play the following message appears. ‘An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (802)’.  Can someone help resolve this issue. Thanks Kevin

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It sounds like you may have a connection issue with the Apple Servers. I’d suggest reading through the wifi interference FAQ for many pointers, but at the least, I’d recommend that you unplug your Sonos speakers from power, and while they’re unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos speakers. That’s a pretty generic fix, so it may not address your specific situation. For instance, it doesn’t work for router based VPNs, or other potential issues.

If, after rebooting everything, it still doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this error message, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.