Sonos app won't let me change my Apple password. So I can't use apple music.

• 6 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I changed my password on my Apple Music account.  It works on all devices. Sonos app asks if I wan’t to “reauthorize” I say Yes.  There’s no place on the Sonos App to enter the new password. So reauthorize fails.  And I am stuck in an infinite loop. I see that Sonos owners have been asking Sonos to fix this for 2 years.  I don’t see any solution in Sonos’ support boards.  

Is Sonos ignoring this on purpose because Sonos has it’s own music service?

Are they willing to loose thousands of customers?

What can be done about this? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

When you re-auth Apple Music, the Apple Music app is spawned to do the auth, the Sonos app cannot do it as Apple do not allow that kind of thing. So, is Apple Music installed and working on the device that you have not described to us?

Yes. I changed the password for my Apple music account. And the Apple music app works fine on the same device. The Sonos app is on that device and although I have gone through the reauthorization over and over again and Sonos app it just continues in an infinite loop. I'm able to play Apple music from the Apple music app on the device. But it won't play on the Sonos app.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yes there is something wrong, I haven't changed the password or adjusted other things, but my Sonos app can't right now access Apple Music.

Appel Music is now working again after being away from my Sonos app for approx. one day's time.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If you haven’t done so already (next time if happens) try deleting Apple Music from the Sonos service list, wait a couple of minutes, then re-add Apple Music as a service.