Answered

Sonos app not showing Amazon Music album listing

• 19 June 2021
  • 6 replies

I recently took advantage of the free Amazon upgrade to their HD service. Now, under “My music”, although listings of tracks and artists are present, the album listing doesn’t work. It reports “Requested operation failed. Please try again.”

Curiously, some of the genres prove an album listing, but “classical” (of which I have quite a few albums) reports the same error  

This relates to the iPad and iPhone apps: same issue on both. I have tried de-authorising and re-authorising it to no avail. 

Amazon music plays fine and the Amazon Music app also plays through the Sonos system. 
Advice would be welcome. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 June 2021, 10:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Try removing Amazon Music from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it. Also try rebooting your router and phone.

Thanks for the reply. Already tried that - didn’t work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @EdwinK 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Given the steps you’ve already tried, I can only recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Hi @EdwinK 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Given the steps you’ve already tried, I can only recommend you get in touch with our technical support team,

Thank you, Corry.  I am now in touch with them although the issue has not yet been resolved.

Edwin

Further to above, I have discovered that the list of tracks under “ My Music” stops after Brazil. Anything further down the alphabet is blank and can’t be selected. Most odd. 

Edwin

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @EdwinK 

Please get back in touch with our technical support team - although Amazon are responsible for what’s displayed in their Sonos app container, we’d like to flag this with appropriate documentation and evidence for further investigation. Thank you.