Answered

Sonos App just doesn't cut it - Why can't we use other apps?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

SONOS is the jealous, borderline sociopathic friend we've all once had whom will play you the most marvellous music.... 'BUT ONLY WHEN I'M AROUND!!!'
I for one have had enough, spent more than $20k over the past 10 years, and like a victim of an abusive partner, I have now seen the light, gathered the courage and will proudly tell you SONOS - GFYS! Im out.
SONOS is the jealous, borderline sociopathic friend we've all once had whom will play you the most marvellous music.... 'BUT ONLY WHEN I'M AROUND!!!'
I for one have had enough, spent more than $20k over the past 10 years, and like a victim of an abusive partner, I have now seen the light, gathered the courage and will proudly tell you SONOS - GFYS! Im out.

Are you okay?
Extraordinary. Joined the community today. Posted onto the end of a 2-year-dead thread. Not a word about what steps had been taken to submit system diagnostics and consult Sonos Support. I'm struggling to grasp the motivation, other than to let off profane steam.
An insane diatribe. Best ignored.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
It may be worth saying in this 2+-year-old thread that Spotify Connect is available on Sonos and you can use the Spotify app to play directly on Sonos. The same sort of direct control is also available from Google Play Music (on Android), iHeartRadio, Deezer, and a few others. On top of that, you can also use AirPlay2 with just about any app from iOS to the Sonos One, Beam, Amp, Play:5 gen2, and Playbase.
Sure, but it's not obvious quite why @MK80 feels the way he does. Facts are in very short supply.