Answered

Sonos and YouTube Music - Access denied still....

• 3 June 2021
  • 5 replies

All other aspects of the YouTube connection are positive in Google. 3rd party apps shows the Sonos app has permissions for YouTube Music. Activity is tracked in Google activity tracking. Sonos app shows ALL the right YouTube Music information on music through ALL aspects of search (New, Charts, Playlists, etc)

However, I still have the error coming up in Sonos app. I can go to Google and look at activity and it shows the songs (videos though) as being played for the short period before it errors in Sonos. So the Sonos app is attempting to talk to YouTube Music, get’s a connection and link, then get’s an encoding error as it is a video it is hitting and not YouTube Music (therefor the encoding error).

There are so many rabbit holes to follow to fix, but it looks like the Sonos app is sending the wrong call to YouTube and getting a “Video” response rather than a “Mp4/Music encoding” response and can’t play it resulting in an “unable to connect to YouTube Music”.

It would be appreciated if you could respond ASAP.

Error message

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 June 2021, 14:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@addsound Is it really necessary to post about you problem, however irritating it must be for you, in three different threads? You'll fragment all the answers now.

@addsound Is it really necessary to post about you problem, however irritating it must be for you, in three different threads? You'll fragment all the answers now.

Which thread did you think I should post in? I didn't see any of the info I posted in another thread. I have looked everywhere for an answer and you're implying I shouldn't raise this with Sonos directly through the method Sonos support? Do you have an answe? If you do it would be great if you shared it or point me to it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can of course do as you choose. I’m saying it would be more effective if you would only post the possible solution you found in one thread, so any discussion would take place in that thread. If you really want to post in other threads, you could direct people to the thread you started. 

You can of course do as you choose. I’m saying it would be more effective if you would only post the possible solution you found in one thread, so any discussion would take place in that thread. If you really want to post in other threads, you could direct people to the thread you started. 

It isn't a solution. It is a question with evidence of investigating the issue on both Google and Sonos sides. This information is not in any (of the many) posts here, or for that matter, on any site discussing the issue. I am implying a Brand account may stop the error, but it is not the only cause and there is more to it. I.e. I don't have a Brand account. Obviously others feel similar as the issue is still alive. Providing evidence of investigating may help. Hopefully it will get a response from Sonos. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @addsound 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

YouTube Music is not Youtube - your Sonos system is not going to accidentally receive a video file. Encoding errors can occur when the data stream does not successfully reach the destination without errors.

I recommend you unplug your WiFi router from power for at least 30 seconds to reboot it.

If issues persist after that, we need more information to assist you:

• Do other music services/sources play without issue?
  • Are you playing to a single room, or a group?
  • Is your Sonos system using WiFi, or do you have any ethernet-wired Sonos products?
  • Have you removed any possible sources of interference from near your Sonos speakers and your router? See our reducing wireless interference help page.
  • Is the issue restricted to one room, or does it happen in all rooms, even when playing to them individually?
  • Have you tired removing Youtube Music from your Sonos system and adding it again?