Answered

Sonos Amp EQ

• 13 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Are there any plans for more in depth EQ settings / True Play for the Sonos Amp powering non Sonos speakers?

I love my Sonos Amp but I'm very limited with it connected to a pair of Fyne Audio F501 floor standing speakers. 

Using Roon I can use a Parametric Equalizer which makes a huge difference to the overall sound coming out my speakers. Unfortunately though when I am using the S2 app I lose this capability. 

icon

Best answer by Xander P 14 April 2021, 09:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @scobihughes, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community :)

No plans I can share regarding this right now, however I’ll be happy to pass this on to our development team as a feature request!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks, that would be great, i’m a huge fan of True Play and if we could get that enabled within the Amp for non Sonos speakers it would help with speaker placement / room correction / sound preference. 

If not then maybe even a sound equaliser within the S2 app would help. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I strongly second this.  Trueplay would be cool, but just a few bands of parametric EQ would be VERY useful as well.  I’ve been pretty happy with my Amp, but I am a convert to the power of room EQ, if for nothing else than dealing with a few pesky room modes.  I might end up having to go to a much more complicated setup with a Port, an amp, and some type of preamp where I can dial in EQ.

I do really love Truplay. It's a bit hit and miss, but if you take the trouble to get a good sweep it can make a real difference.

But it doesn't account for individual taste, or the type of usage.

A 5 or 7 band EQ rather than the simple treble/bass arrangement would be so useful, and I can't imagine it would be so difficult to implement in software terms.

It might counter all the complaints about products like Arc sounding tinny also.