Answered

Sonos amazon Music & Spotify

• 27 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

We have a Sonos One & Sonos SL paired as stereo controlled by a Amazon Echo Dot, this is used with Amazon Music Unlimited. I am considering cancelling my subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited and switching to Spotify. Do commands work the same on Amazon Music for instance all we had to say was Alexa Play Radio 2 and Radio 2 started, or Alexa play Fleetwood mac and on came Fleetwood Mac. Ive been told its not as easy with Spotify, and different commands are used. This would be ok with me, but not with my Mrs, its taken absolutely ages to get her to use Alexa, and almost as long to get Sonos Speakers. main reason for change is the Spotify app is much better than Amazon for me. So if Spotify isn’t as easy with commands i will leave it alone, rather than cause issues with the other half

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 27 December 2020, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It’s virtually the same, if you want a playlist you need to include it in the command. e.g. ‘Alexa Play xx playlist’.

There are some issues with BBC radio stations as the BBC removed them from TuneIn but please see my post here that discusses various options.

Personally, I much prefer Spotify to Amazon music but I expect that you’ll find people that prefer Amazon equally. :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks for the very detailed reply, I think I will have to stick with Amazon, changing to Spotify doesn't look that easy to get the voice commands sorted for BBC Radio Stations. I never found it easy to set up the Sonos Speakers initially with Amazon, so doing all this is not for me me. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

We stayed with Amazon Music but have stopped using the radio on it, to many issues with it. Use the Amazon music via the iPad it’s easier than speaking commands. The love affair with Alexa has worn off now. Still like sound of the Sonos . I’ve put a lot of my music on a iPod touch and stream that through the Sonos, works perfectly, was cheaper than going down the NAS route and easier for me to use, plus it’s getting lots of use with a pair of Bose earbuds.