Answered

Sonos 2 Apps & supporting Apps

• 23 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi ,

I'm using the sonos gen 2 app for my Arc and I have linked my Spotify account and Audible account. When I search through the sonos app I don't get the books I have on audible and for Spotify I get my music but when I search for podcast nothing shows up, can someone tell me if this is a glitch or if I need to link my accounts in some different way. 

I hope this makes sense, thank you all for reading! 

icon

Best answer by Tamimi4 24 June 2020, 23:17

Thank you for your response, first it's good to hear that I wasn't the only one having trouble with this. And thanks for the advice on audible will definitely do that! And yea I play podcast from Spotify then play then on the soundbar but I really hope they fix this! 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Greetings,

Those are excellent questions. I've done some more research on how Audible works with Sonos and it seems that there are some limitations when it comes to using Audible through the Sonos application.

The search function for Audible on Sonos will provide results for books that you already own, not the whole Audible catalog. It's not possible to add books or listening material through the Sonos app. You will have to add it through the Audible app and then it'll appear in Sonos.

At this time podcasts sourced from Spotify would not be accessible through Sonos. Since I also have a Spofity account in my personal system, I usually like to go directly to the Spotify app using direct control to play my Podcast playlist to my Sonos speakers.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your response, first it's good to hear that I wasn't the only one having trouble with this. And thanks for the advice on audible will definitely do that! And yea I play podcast from Spotify then play then on the soundbar but I really hope they fix this! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Absolutely! I will certainly take your feedback in for consideration.