Question

Sono's Play.1 volume

• 23 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello, I've got a question about my play.1 when listening to tune in radio I find randomly the volume goes quiet for a moment then back to normal. is there a way to fix this in settings somewhere.
sorry if this has been asked before I did a search but didn't see any relevant threads for my problem.

2 replies

If the audio stops and restarts it's a 'dropout', usually caused by local network issues though it can occasionally be due to internet problems. For a bit of self-help see https://support.sonos.com/s/article/305

If that doesn't help you'd best submit a system diagnostic within 15 mins of such an event, note the confirmation number, and post it so Sonos Support can take a look.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, I've got a question about my play.1 when listening to tune in radio I find randomly the volume goes quiet for a moment then back to normal. is there a way to fix this in settings somewhere.
sorry if this has been asked before I did a search but didn't see any relevant threads for my problem.

Can you confirm that you have a Play:1 and not a Sonos One (With Alexa) - this sounds like 'ducking' where Alexa reduces the Audio output to hear any voice command more clearly.