Answered

Songs comes on by itself after playing from NAS software

• 15 September 2017
  • 9 replies

I use my Synology NAS software (DS Audio) to play music to my Sonos speakers. When I pause or stop the music on the player, it does stop playing, however it appears to still queue to the Sonos app, and for some reason it continues to play again at some point later in the day/the next day, all by itself. What can I do to stop this happening?
icon

Best answer by Miles P 3 October 2017, 15:38

Hello philmusic26, while this may play music to Sonos, it's actually not a supported playback method/control method. The way to prevent this in this case would be to use the Sonos app. The Synology NAS is likely sending commands to Sonos that cause this.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello philmusic26, while this may play music to Sonos, it's actually not a supported playback method/control method. The way to prevent this in this case would be to use the Sonos app. The Synology NAS is likely sending commands to Sonos that cause this.
Hello philmusic26, while this may play music to Sonos, it's actually not a supported playback method/control method. The way to prevent this in this case would be to use the Sonos app. The Synology NAS is likely sending commands to Sonos that cause this.That is exactly what is happening. Same happened to me when I played around with Audio Station on Synology a couple of years ago. Not a Sonos issue.
Hi there. Thanks for your replies. I would solely use the Sonos app but unfortunately it only holds 65000 tracks (+ no smart playlist facilities) and I have way more tracks than that stored on my Nas (plus all playlists etc) so it’s more convenient to use.
As i recall, although it is a while ago and I didn't have your library size issue so just went back to the app....

I don't think the tracks did go into the Sonos queue. Therefore, if you went into the Sonos app at the end of a listening session and played a few seconds from the queue, it might kill it.

A bit clunky, and not sure it will even work, but can't think of anything else and I am away from my system
Thanks. It seems like it may be a pause issue. If I pause on the DS Audio app then it may come on again later through Sonos app. But if I Stop the music then it seems like it might be okay. I'm testing this now.
@philmusic26 Hi there,

I'm having the same issue. Did you find a workaround for this?
@philmusic26 Hi there,

I'm having the same issue. Did you find a workaround for this?

I never did but then I didn't really try, because for me there was no gain compared with playing my Sonos music library from the app. Your use case may be different.

Sonos is not DLNA compliant so it isn't a total surprise it doesn't behave.
I'm not using the Sonos app cause of this issue.

Synology lets Sonos play when it's not supposed to, otherwise DS Audio does a real fine job and I like it very much.

@John B I will try your earlier suggestion (after listening session go in the sonos app and play a few seconds from there)

Hi I’m having the same issue with Synology NAS connected to Sonos. Have tried the above solutions but it still plays out even though it can’t be seen in the queue or on the Sonos App. Did anyone manage to stop it?

Thanks

Bren