Answered

So now can I get audio from yourtube videos on my play:3's?

• 29 July 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a room that just has 2 play:3's and a sub. We have an Amazon Echo dot (I i think?) around here somewhere too but I've never linked it to sonos (I basically just set it up, asked it some silly questions and never used it again).

The one think I've been wanting to do for a long time is play music from youtube either on my phone, or more likely, from my mac. I know its not the best quality for music but there are some youtubers I follow that I cant find elsewhere. Is it possible now?
icon

Best answer by John B 30 July 2018, 00:05

Hi. Alexa is about voice control and not relevant to what you are trying to do. Play:3s are not Airplay 2 compatible I am afraid. I suggest you look at the Airplay 2 information on the Sonos website to understand what you would need to do and have use Airplay 2 with Sonos.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi. Alexa is about voice control and not relevant to what you are trying to do. Play:3s are not Airplay 2 compatible I am afraid. I suggest you look at the Airplay 2 information on the Sonos website to understand what you would need to do and have use Airplay 2 with Sonos.