Slacker radio keeps skipping songs

• 5 February 2019
  • 5 replies

I have two separate Sonos systems-one at home and one at work. Both have started skipping songs when using Slacker. We use a PC at work for Sonos. Any suggestions what the issue could be?

5 replies

Could be wifi interference, could be duplicate IP addresses exposed when Sonos updated the Sonos software recently.

Most likely the former, but if the suggestions in that FAQ don't work, try a simple reset of your local wifi system, by unplugging all of your Sonos devices, rebooting the router, and then plugging the Sonos devices back in, one at a time, allowing a minute or two between each one.
I’m having the same problem; literally started 2 days ago and it’s so annoying. Amazon Music seems to be working fine, but Slacker skips songs all over the place.
Different providers have different tolerances for disconnections. I'd continue to recommend the items in my previous post.
Yesterday Slacker worked with no problems and I didn’t touch a thing. Today it skipped again, so I tried the method suggested by you and by the Sonos customer support. Still skipping.
I'd then suggest that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of having it skip, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings