SiriusXM Xtra Channels

• 26 February 2019
  • 40 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

40 replies

I want to know the same thing. Honestly it is absurd that Sonos forces you to play every service through their streaming app and then not have the capacity to provide access to all options through that service. I pay for a subscription to SiriusXM and I should be able to play all available stations through my Sonos. Spent tons of money on these speakers and still finding myself streaming through old standard Bluetooth speakers when I want to play the new extra channels. Get your act together Sonos. You are way behind
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Honestly it is absurd that Sonos forces you to play every service through their streaming app

Except they don't.

You can use Line-In, or Airplay. Some apps such as Spotify or Google Play Music allow you to directly control your speakers too. Various ways to play audio through Sonos without having to use the Sonos Controller app.
Get your act together Sonos.

As has been said several times, Sonos isn't the roadblock here, talk to Sirius XM Pandora .
100% agree with you all! Ridiculous we can’t get Turbo Party and other custom extra channels on this dumb Sonos play one set I have by my pool. I paid $11,000 for a A\V system and they had me put in this dumb Sonos bridge box for whatever reason I don’t know. Two years later, apparently Sonos stops integrating with control 4 and all other a/V/automation systems. They, nor the stupid AV company, ever bothered to tell their customers! For 18 months things keep breaking in my $11,000 system. I finally call the AV company to come fix it (@ $150 an hour!) and the dude says it was the Sonos bridge box causing half the problems. Great. Now I have another doorstop that does nothing, and actually did harm for a year and a half. And today I find out Sonos plays ping pong with Sirius about whether to add channels. STUPID. we all have paid for both Sirius and Sonos. We should be able to listen to anything on any device.
Badge +1
Also agree with above posts. This topic hasn’t received a resolution from sonos.
Zero support. Very disappointing that the last post from sonos staff was 2 months ago - guess they are still waiting on hold when they called Sirius!
Sonos can't do anything about this, except do the exact same thing that you should be doing, sending a request to Sirius. And since Sonos doesn't pay Sirius any money, Sirius is much more likely to listen to a complaint from a paying customer that they are to Sonos.

Sonos has absolutely no control over what data they have access to. That's under the control of SiriusXM.
Who is responsible for creating and updating the App that Sonus uses for its speaker?
Sonos wrote the controller app. Sonos wrote the API that streamers use to include their service in the controller app. Sonos wrote the API that streamers can use to integrate into their own app.

At the end of the day, the Sonos controller app points to a location owned by the streamer, and looks for data that matches the API. So any channels that Sirius has must be decided on by Sirirus, and Sonos has no ability to change that.
Ok, so the Sirrus app also points to a location.
Does Sonos need a new address to point too or does Sirrius need to update the list of channels available to the Sonus API?
Seems to me someone at Sonos needs to make a phone call.
The LIST is not cutting it.
The company who owns the server that the Sonos points to needs to change the available channels. That would be SiriusXM.

In the other thread about this issue, there was some discussion that these channels were exclusive to SiriusXM to their own service, and not available for streaming on Sonos, as I recall.

But your complaint to SiriusXM would carry much more weight than Sonos. Sonos doesn't pay any money to SiriusXM, nor does SiriusXM pay any money to Sonos. It's your subscription to SiriusXM that they would care about, hence your complaint to them would be much more important to them.
That is true, however when I call Sirius, I get to talk to someone in India who could care less.
You as a company rep have more clout then me.
If you would provide the phone number we should call to speak with a SiriusXM rep in the states, that would make a difference.
That is true, however when I call Sirius, I get to talk to someone in India who could care less.
You as a company rep have more clout then me.
If you would provide the phone number we should call to speak with a SiriusXM rep in the states, that would make a difference.

Airgetlam doesn't' work for Sonos. Sonos employees are marked as such. He doesn't have any way of conctacting SiriusXM that you don't have. However, I would bet that Sonos does get back to SiriusXM when needed to pass on any customer complaints they are seeing.
Thanks, melvimbe,

Indeed, I don't work for Sonos.

And while I'm confident that Sonos does pass on the request, I just don't think it carries the same weight as a complaint from an actual paying customer. Whether your call goes to a call center in another country wouldn't likely make any difference. A complaint from a paying customer would be counted, and passed up the chain, no matter where it came from.
Userlevel 2
Definitely a missing feature. Interestingly enough, my Sonos Connects show up as devices that I can play to when I open the SiriusXM app on my phone, though it doesn't actually seem to work...

Thank you for writing to SiriusXM
  Kindly be advised that the Xtra Channels are not available on Sonos as these channels are not numbered. We do apologize for inconvenience this may have brought you.

Please remember SiriusXM Customer Care is ready and willing to assist you at anytime.

Sincerely, this is the respond i received