SiriusXM Xtra Channels

• 26 February 2019
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Does Sonos have any information on whether they will be adding these Xtra channels to the SiriusXM music service app? Sirius has just released over 100 new channels and the addition of these would be great.

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, burtelson1. We do not have any news to share regarding the new Xtra channels to SiriusXM on Sonos. According to the SiriusXM website:
Xtra Channels are a collection of over 100 new streaming-only channels.
They are available exclusively online and on the app, with all streaming subscriptions excluding News Sports & Talk.

That said, it might be a good idea to reach out to SiriusXM about bringing this content to Sonos. In the meantime, I am happy to forward this along to the team for consideration and visibility.
Keith N. Appreciate the quick response to burtelson1. But aren't all SiriusXM channels, including the ones you currently have on Sonos available exclusively online and on the app if we as users are paying for the streaming service through SiriusXM? I just find it interesting that the solution is for Sonos users to have to take the initiative to reach out to a major streaming service and request that they make it available on your proprietary player. Not my job.

Because if I have to do that every time Spotify or Google Play or SiriusXM adds additional content to the subscription I already pay for, then my plan B is to ditch Sonos, get a quality bluetooth speaker, and stream what I want, when I want, directly from the service I'm paying for. Not trying to be difficult, just saying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
That said, it might be a good idea to reach out to SiriusXM about bringing this content to Sonos. In the meantime, I am happy to forward this along to the team for consideration and visibility.
This means it has been forwarded along as a feature request. Our music services on Sonos are a partnership between us and the provider. This requires work from both sides (Sonos and the partner). This means that having "push" from both sides of the equation can certainly help. The solution, in this case, is "Let's work together to make that happen, sometime in the future."

As such, I'm happy to add you to the list of users requesting this. 🙂
Badge
I've been using my Sonos as just a speaker and casting from SiriusXM app to my TV more and more because the services just aren't available or lacking in Sonos.

Add me too please.
Add me too please!
@Keith N - Agreed. Cooperation is always a good policy. I will add my request through SiriusXM.
You can play them through re SiriusXM app directly. At least on Play Ones....
I’m using airplay from an iPhone 7.
Userlevel 1
I spoke with Sirius and they confirmed the Xtra content can only be streamed and listened to the Sirius app on your phone or computer. Since we pay for Sirius, all content should be available to be streamed but they advised the engineers have not released the Xtra channels as of now. However, you can pull up the Xtra channel through the Sirius app and use the airplay to play through Sonos (but I could not get all speakers to use airplay). Very disappointed that Sirius would restrict these Xtra channels!
You can play them through re SiriusXM app directly. At least on Play Ones....

Can you explain how to do this? I’m frustrated that the Sirius app on Sonos doesn’t have the extra channels. I have Play 3’s in kitchen and Play 1’s in other rooms.
Hi there, burtelson1. We do not have any news to share regarding the new Xtra channels to SiriusXM on Sonos. According to the SiriusXM website:
Xtra Channels are a collection of over 100 new streaming-only channels.
They are available exclusively online and on the app, with all streaming subscriptions excluding News Sports & Talk.

Please add me to the list. I will contact Sirius also.....ugh, so not fun dealing with those people.
Thanks for the update bsorg. I’ll be calling Sirius today to voice my concerns.
For me when I open the Sirius app on my iPhone there is a little airplay icon in the center toward the bottom. If I press that my sonos Play1 speakers show up with an empty circle to the right and I click on whatever ones I want to play through. Then the music starts.....
Thanks, Jckmk. I realize now that I don’t have AirPlay compatible speakers. Sonos states that my Play 3’s and Play 1’s don’t work with Airplay.
Yup, PLAY:1s and PLAY:3s are not AirPlay 2 receiving speakers. You can group them, however, with Sonos Ones, or PLAY:5 gen 2s, and the Beam, all of which are AirPlay 2 receiving speakers.
Just one more bit of information, I have a playbar sub and two play 1 surrounds that I use for my tv sound system in addition to a few separate play1s in other rooms. When using airplay originally only the play1s that were not part of my tv surround show up when using airplay. But if I start the separate play1s with airplay through the xm app then go into the sonos app I can add the surround system and have it lay through the playbar sub and surrounds. I was trying to favorite once I got it started to see if I could add it that way but I haven’t been able to figure that part out yet.
Add me the list of customers wanting the xtra channels available through Sonos. I have also sent a note to Sirrius XM
I agree i own several Sonos products in my home and in my office. If Sonos won't work this out .. I am sure Bose would love for me to replace Sonos....!

Add me to the list Please!
Please go back and read the post from bsorg above.
Userlevel 2
I know this is a SiriusXM problem as well but, we folk don't have the same connections with SiriusXM to get this done like SONOS does. Please add me to the list. Thanks!
Since Sonos doesn't pay any money to SiriusXM, I'd have a hard time believing that your voice, as a paying customer, wasn't listened to with more gravity that Sonos'.
Userlevel 2
Please add me to the list. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Please add me to the list

What list?? The list of people who should bug Sirius to fix this?
Does Sonos have any information on whether they will be adding these Xtra channels to the SiriusXM music service app? Sirius has just released over 100 new channels and the addition of these would be great.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Does SiriusXM have any information on whether they will be adding these Xtra channels to the SiriusXM music service in Sonos? Sirius has just released over 100 new channels and the addition of these would be great.

Fixed that for you.