Question

SiriusXM Trouble

Userlevel 2

When trying to play SiriusXM on my Play 1 using the SONOS app I get a message that there are no selections available. I have used this streaming service in the past with no problem. I deleted and reinstalled the service, powered down and restarted the speakers, router and all devices without success. I have the same problem with all devices (Windows PC, iPhone, iPad). All other streaming services work fine. I can stream Sirius XM using their app so I know that the account is OK. Any other suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ll give it a few days to see if either of them updates their app and otherwise I’ll probably wipe and reinstall Sonos to see if that works.  

The cynical side of me fears that SirirusXM will suggest the problem lies within the Sonos app, and we’ll all be back to square one with the issue.

The realistic side of me agrees with you.   

Note the official statement from a Sonos employee in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/siriusxm-stations-disappeard-from-my-sonos-apps-6841041

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ll give it a few days to see if either of them updates their app and otherwise I’ll probably wipe and reinstall Sonos to see if that works.  

The cynical side of me fears that SirirusXM will suggest the problem lies within the Sonos app, and we’ll all be back to square one with the issue.

So I called SiriusXM last night and explained my issue.  I suggested that perhaps I needed a streaming ID that was different than my account ID.  The service person very nicely walked me through a procedure —- that reset my SiriusXM password.  When the password was reset he said “so you’re good now?”    I said, “ no, it didn’t resolve the Sonos problem” and he basically said “yes, but your streaming works now”.

sigh.    

Userlevel 1
Badge

No luck yet.  Does anyone else still have the same issue?

Badge

SiriusXM service shows a status of “major outage” awnd is not accessible.  All other service providers for Sonos show Operational.

i have noticed many threads over a long period of time where The Sirius XM Service at Sonos is down.

Does the Sirius XM service ever work or is it a lost cause?

I just subscribed to Sirius to listen on my Sonos. If it doesn’t work, I will need to cancel.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

An encouraging update: as of May 31, 10:30AM (Mountain), my Sonos app was displaying all the SiriusXM channels and my favourites.

Userlevel 1
Badge

An encouraging update: as of May 31, 10:30AM (Mountain), my Sonos app was displaying all the SiriusXM channels and my favourites.

Thanks! Mine works now too! 

@RadioRay It’s problematic. You may need to reset your device or login credentials multiple times, For me, clicking on a channel almost never works the first time.

i think there’s a 30-day trial, and you can sub month to month. Give it a shot. My Sonos is a 6yo Playbar & pair of 1s.

i’d give up the Sonos before I give up SiriusXM, fwiw.