Question

SiriusXM Trouble

Userlevel 2

When trying to play SiriusXM on my Play 1 using the SONOS app I get a message that there are no selections available. I have used this streaming service in the past with no problem. I deleted and reinstalled the service, powered down and restarted the speakers, router and all devices without success. I have the same problem with all devices (Windows PC, iPhone, iPad). All other streaming services work fine. I can stream Sirius XM using their app so I know that the account is OK. Any other suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

I am having the exact same problem today.

Userlevel 2

Same issue here. Started late last night by just stopping play. There was a skip back about 5 seconds on a song before it went out. SXM apps work on web, phone and appleTV’s. I’ve deleted and re-added SXM via the music services without success.

Likewise, “no selections available” however I do note I have some Sirius channels in “My SONOS” which still connect and play.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same issue started today. If I go into Sonos Favorite and try to play a station that I have favorited, that station plays. Must be something between Sonos and SirisuXM

I was on with Sonos support and they logged on with their premium account and it worked.

I was asked to call Sirius to get my account “refreshed”. No luck.

XM stream was working fine on my Sonos One.   Just recently, the Sonos App XM menu shows “No selection available.” under “Live Channels.” 

I tried to log into XM again within Sonos.  But still the same problem.  I checked my XM streaming login/passwd in a web browser, and that works fine.  Any ideas?

Ditto. No XM and no suggestions from online support worked. Android Pixel phone did update this morning then issue started.

Badge

Same here.  I never had a problem playing Sirius XM on Sonos in the past.

I can access and play SiriusXM channels from my Sonos favorites list but when trying to browse/view available channels I get “no selections available”.

I recently switched from old Sonos Bridge to wifi, but it worked fine for 2 weeks afterwards until today.

SiriusXM woks just fine in my cars, on iPhone App, and online streaming, Hey..Sonos...it’s you….. and your connection to SiriusXM….come on, someone from Sonos respond and let us know what’s going on PLEASE!!!

We’re experiencing the same issue.  

Exact same here. Started yesterday morning in Virginia.  Good luck getting Sonos Customer Service to answer.  

If you’ve tried a reboot of your router, followed by a reboot of each speaker, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of trying to play SiriusXM, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. Certainly some hard data, versus just anecdotal would not be remiss. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Bruce. Just rebooted everything. Removed SiriusXM service and added back in but no results. 

I can access and play SiriusXM channels from my Sonos favorites list but when trying to browse/view available channels I get “no selections available”.

Very frustrating. Guess I’ll call support on Monday.

Same prob here . Started today 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Me too. Started on the afternoon of 5/15. Earlier in the day I was fine. Last fall someone made a similar post and reported that it was an issue on the SXM side and that other connected services/devices were having the same issue. In my case I have a SXM channel as the most recent stream on one of my Sonos pairs, and if I press the play button on one of the speakers, it streams just fine, so some part of the connection is working. I just wish I could see all the channels. At least I can still stream on my phone.

Userlevel 1
Badge

yes, same here.  Was about to sit in the yard with a beer to listen and been troubleshooting for last 30 minutes.  Happy to at least hear not just me

yes, same here.  Was about to sit in the yard with a beer to listen and been troubleshooting for last 30 minutes.  Happy to at least hear not just me

same here. but will not stop me from the beer

My guess is there’s something going iron at SiriusXM, since all Sonos does is point to the server location that they were told to. Not sure why it isn’t showing up on the real time status link. But Sonos does provide 24/7 support via Twitter as well. 

Oops. Update: see https://status.sonos.com

Same issue. 

Userlevel 2

From SONOS support this afternoon

”I was just made aware that at this time we are experiencing an outage that we are aware of that's currently not resolved yet.“

They advised would notify me once problem resolved.

Userlevel 2

After being red for a few hours the status page show Sirius XM as green again. I still can’t get it to work. 

Same problem here when trying to listen to SiriusXM.  “No selections are available.” on Live Channels.  Frustrating.  I have removed the SiriusXM service and re-added, changed the SiriusXM password for account, re-added, no luck.  I guess I’ll listen to Spotify until Sonos/SiriusXM fixes the problem.

Is this because of the legacy?

Moderator Note: Post Edited for Language

Is Sonos going to fix this problem?

Paying way too much money for the service to not be available.