SiriusXM Multiple Accounts -- Favorites

• 3 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have two SiriusXM accounts, one for each car. This allows me to use two streams as long as each stream is started from different accounts. This will work OK from the Select Music Source and Alexa is set to use one specific account. The problem is when using Favorites because there’s no way to distinguish accounts. It would be nice if there was a way to easily see what account is tied to a favorite before using it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can rename your Favorites to make it clearer which Sirius account they were created from.

Userlevel 2
Badge

That doesn’t work. I add a specific channel on account A to Sonos Favorites then rename it. Go to account B and attempt to add the same channel and it won’t allow it because it’s already present in Sonos Favorites.

Discovered I could add the entire “Favorites/Channels” folder from SiriusXM to Sonos Favorites. Great, but then it won’t let you rename the “Channels” label. And, most likely, wouldn’t allow me to add the same folder from the other account because it has the same name.

The solution seems to be to just use the SiriusXM Favorites folder rather than the Sonos Favorites.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well, spoke too soon. It appears that it’s no longer possible to add a favorite channel to the SirisuXM Favorites folder. The Add option only adds to Sonos Favorites. I had some Favorites in the SiriusXM folder, probably from a prior release that allowed it, but can’t seem to add any more to it.

The simple fix here is for the Sonos app to show the Account name along with the Service name wherever that’s displayed. That’ll work as long as the app allows the same channel from different accounts to be added to Sonos Favorites.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jmattioni 

I’ve flagged this topic as a feature request so that the relevant team will see it for consideration.