Answered

SiriusXM Controller App is Limited

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
Is there a way to fast forward or rewind through a streaming program on SiriusXM? Sometimes I listen to an hour+ show and if you accidentally tap the wrong thing on the controller app, the show starts back from the beginning with no way to move back to where you were. This is very frustrating when you're 45 minutes into a show and the show starts over and you can't get back to where you were. The only way to do it is to listen to the same 45 minutes again. The SiriusXM app has a feature that let's you move around within a program, but it doesn't appear the Sonos app does.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 9 November 2017, 01:13

Thanks for reaching out, TAJH. I investigated this myself and can replicate this same behavior on my end. I will be sure to forward this up to the team. Thanks again for the feedback.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Thanks for reaching out, TAJH. I investigated this myself and can replicate this same behavior on my end. I will be sure to forward this up to the team. Thanks again for the feedback.
Keith N wrote:

Yes, please work on a fix to this in your next update!!! This is super annoying because you have to start the entire show over from the beginning every time you break from listening. The show I listen to daily is 4-5 hours long and sometimes the controller app will lose my place 1/2 way in. I’m forced to either start the show from the beginning or just not listen at all, which is what I usually end up doing. You offer the same OnDemand shows available through Siriusxm’s website and app but you don’t allow us to rewind or fast forward when using the Sonos Controller app. Is there a reason for this or was this just an oversight? Anyway, other than that I love your products! I just built a new home and have your speakers in every room and a surround sound setup in my family room. Sound quality is amazing and the technology is great, which is why I can’t understand why fast forwarding OnDemand programming from Siriusxm is not available
Hi Kevin, I’m also beginning to be frustrated by this limitation. I was so excited when Sonos and SiriusXM found a way to provide the OnDemand content, but am a little disappointed that it doesn’t pick up where I pause it after a break in listening. It starts from the beginning. And then not being able to restart it and fast forward to the point left off, is not very user friendly. Would love this feature to be developed. I’ve been considering letting my SiriusXM subscription go in January, mostly because their OnDemand feature is so clunky. Finding a way to listen through Sonos easier would certainly be incentive. Thank you for any ability to get this to the Sonos/SiriusXM team.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Not only is this highly annoying under normal circumstances, but if you pause a SiriusXM show for too long the Sonos app will not allow you to restart. Then you're stuck with the problem above--starting at the beginning and listening to the entire show again. For this reason I usually stream Sirius from my iPad through my Chromecast audio attached to the linein on my Sonos 5. That way I can completely circumvent the limitations of the Sonos implementation. IMHO, far too many Sonos iterations of apps are crippled or missing features. That's why I'm ecstatic whenever Sonos announces you can control its speakers with a standalone app--Spotify and Tidal, for example. Not to mention the latest version of the Sonos app, as discussed many times in this community, is terrible.
Please update this feature already!!!!!!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings