Answered

SiriusXM

Nothing from SiriusXM is loading in the new app. Any suggestions? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 28 June 2020, 22:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @jkklaiber,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your issue. 

If you are not able to access any music service through the Sonos app, try the following steps to resolve this issue.

1. Reboot your router by unplugging it from power for approximately 1 minute.
  2. Reboot your Sonos products by unplugging them for about 15 seconds each.   
  3. Reauthorize your Music service if you are still not able to access the service content.

If none of this works, submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app and respond with the confirmation number so we can take a look at your system.   

I’ve done all this and nothing is correcting. Just get an error message

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

“an error message”. As a software developer this is always super annoying to read, please say exactly what the message says.

Super annoying to get too! Specially after us was working and then just stopped. 

”Error”

“unable to add Sirius XM account“

Have you submitted the diagnostic report, as was requested? If so, please post the number here, so a Sonos employee can look further in to why you’re getting that error. 

You may also want to verify there isn’t an issue with your Sirius XM account.  Can you log into your account and play a station through a browser or phone app?  I had a similar problem a while back and the issue was with my account, not Sonos.

the xm app works great. Just can’t get to re-add to Sonos. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Many thanks for your inputs and suggestions @controlav, @Airgetlamand @melvimbe.

Hi @BWLL.

Thanks for your response and for your effort in getting the diagnostic.

Upon checking here, I can’t access the reported diagnostic for some reason, so I was not able to get the details on your system.

I agree with the suggestions above, this issue is most often due to account discrepancy.

• First, for SiriusXM and Sonos, you’ll need a SiriusXM subscription that also has streaming.
  • Then, you may also try to login to My Account on the Sonos website and ensure that necessary information of your location is supplied.
  • Are you able to download the SiriusXM app on your mobile device and log in using your SiriusXM credentials?

To confirm that there’s no issue on the account, please try the following steps accordingly:

• Using a computer, log in to the SiriusXM internet streaming website (https://player.siriusxm.com/) using the correct SiriusXM internet streaming credentials.
  • If you’re already logged in, please sign-out and log in again.
  • If you’re not able to log in, you have to contact SiriusXM to resolve the account issues.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for the info. I can stream XM on everything else, phone, Alexa etc. 

I had XM streaming in this Sonos and it just stopped one day. I deleted it, tried to reload with that error, reset router all with no luck. 

Any suggestions on what to do? Frustrating that this was working perfectly and now nothing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @BWLL.

Thanks for the response and for the additional details.

I understand your frustration, let me help and try to figure this out.

Kindly submit a new diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number.

I’d like to see if there’s anything under the hood that can cause this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you!

here is what I just ran

Sorry for hijacking the thread. My problem is SiriusXM isn't even showing as an option at Add Music Service. I'm in Canada 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sorry for hijacking the thread. My problem is SiriusXM isn't even showing as an option at Add Music Service. I'm in Canada 

Why thread-hijack?? Anyway, check the Country setting on your Sonos account (not the Forum account).

I have the EXACT same issue as BWILL. Was this ever resolved? 

yes. I can stream via the SiriusXM app

yes. I used to be able to stream on Sonos

yes. The error issue “error: can not add SiriusXM 

diagnostic 1825373166

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @BWLL and @Bonatom.

Thank you for your patience in this and sorry for the delayed response.

If the steps suggested above were followed, and you’re able to log in to the internet streaming website (https://player.siriusxm.com/) without any issues, the next step is to add a test account and see if it will work on your system.

At this point, I would recommend giving us a call so we can continue troubleshooting in real-time.

The tools our agents can use through a live troubleshoot would be very useful in this case.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.