Answered

Shuffle Feature Disappeared from YouTube Music

• 19 February 2021
  • 2 replies

My entire 20,000+ library of songs on YouTube music are unable to be loaded into the que.  Further, the ability to shuffle songs has completed disappeared!  Basically, I am forced to listen to the most current songs as they appear.  Please Help!

icon

Best answer by controlav 20 February 2021, 15:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried deleting YouTube Music from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

20k tracks is near the queue size limit for Sonos, but YTM is such a poorly implemented service I would imagin its limit is a lot lower.

Shuffle is available in two ways: one is to shuffle the queue itself, which is always available when the queue is active, and the other is via the “Play all / Shuffle” button added at the top of music service-provided lists. Those buttons will only be added by the Sonos app if the service provides the correct metadata. If they are missing, please be specific about which section of the YTM tree they are missing.