Answered

Several CBC radio stations periodically vanish from Sonos app

• 20 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello,

Just enjoying our new MOVEs (is that the correct plural?).

In the app, I can add CBC radio, and I can get all the CBC radio stations.  Except that sometimes, a bunch of them are missing.  Including Ottawa (where I live) and Toronto, and everything east of Sudbury west of Quebec City.

I have added two speakers, and installed the app on two phones.  It seems to be the same on both.  If I look under CBC radio right now, Ottawa (and others) are not there; they definitely were there before.  In fact I added CBC Ottawa to “My Sonos” and it is still there, but “unable to play the selected item”.

Just for comparison, I have been listening to CBC radio over the internet and from the CBC app for years now and it has always been there.

icon

Best answer by controlav 20 January 2020, 17:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Many radio stations have moved from TuneIn (which is the default radio provider to Sonos) to iHeartRadio (and another provider whose name I cannot recall). When this happens they vanish from the Radio search feature, and existing Favorites will no longer work.

Try searching for the stations under iheartradio instead, and if that fails get the real station streaming url and use the PC controller to add the url directly as a Favorite.

Hi controlav,

I was actually getting them from the CBC radio app within Sonos.  They don’t dissappear permanently; usually come back within a day.  There are many CBC stations listed; only the ones nearest to me (!) vanish.  Rebooting the speaker/phone doesn’t help.  They just come back eventually, and then the favourites work again.

I found the same station available on TuneIn, and that one seems stable.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

Send us a diagnostic report and reply back with the confirmation number so I can take a closer look at your issue.

I am seeing the same issue here. No stations visible for CBC Radio One.

Happens regularly with CBC Radio One Ottawa as well.

Not sure why the above answer is flagged as best answer, since it doesn’t relate to this issue.

This still happens by the way.  CBC radio one is in my favourites, and periodically fails to work; when I check the CBC tab only a few of the stations are listed.  Eventually they come back.  The ones chosen directly from TuneIn seem to always work.

@Sebastien D.  I just noticed your reply.  From a year ago, but in case you are still interested I sent in a diagnostic report following your link.  The number is 273217229

CBC radio is responsible for what shows up in the CBC ‘plug in’ to Sonos. All Sonos does is point the controller to the server provided by the CBC and shows you the data the CBC provides to them.