Answered

Search order

• 7 June 2021
  • 5 replies

How do I get search to start with the services I care about? I have a bunch of services integrated into my Sonos. The one that does the simplest thing I usually want--play the song--always comes last. It’s Tidal, and I’m assuming Sonos defaults to alphabetical order by service name or something. With the exception of “Sonos Radio”. By doing that, the first result returned is usually for Pandora or LiveXLive or something that won’t play the thing being searched for. It effectively means nobody but me can ever play a song and my fancy Sonos system gets unused as whoever is searching chooses to just play on the crappy phone speakers rather than bothering to figure out software. 

What I’d like is to have it search Tidal first. I don’t want to remove the other services because I like them and use them sometimes.

What do I need to do?

icon

Best answer by ClausN 7 June 2021, 22:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I don’t think it is possible to rearrange the order for good, but try this:

Go to “Browse”, click on Tidal and do the search from there. This will display the Tidal results first.

Userlevel 7

The search order is always going to be:

1. Music Library
  2. Sonos Radio
  3. Music services in alphabetical order

Too bad Tidal begins with a “T”.

ClausN, that’s a great suggestion. I just tried it and it, indeed, shows Tidal results first. 

Still a bit of a pain. I can’t be the only person who cares most about one service. It’s frustrating that they seem to have gotten the hard bit about playing music in sync over a network working. But usability is just bad. It shouldn’t need a “tech guy” to operate. I should just be able to hand it to an older relative and let them play some music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Use the desktop controller, or use a third party app. They allow search to be directed to a specific service.

Lug my computer around? Honestly the computer version is pretty bad. It was clearly tossed to an intern and promptly forgotten about.

There are third party sonos apps? That could be a great solution.