Answered

Search my Deezer tracks through Sonos app

• 6 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

when I search a track in Sonos, wherever i start from (my music, deezer, my artists) the result is not limited to my tracks (favourites or belonging to playlist) but all tracks from deezer are shien. 
how should I do to search my favourites from my Deezer playlist ?

Hope this was clear enough,

thanks

icon

Best answer by controlav 8 January 2021, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Note that all Sonos does here is send a request to Deezer, and display what is returned. They don’t parse the information in any way. It’s up to Deezer to implement the same part of the API that Amazon and Apple has.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Amazon and Apple services do allow searches to be specified to their library, or yours. This is obvious on the desktop controllers, and very unobvious on the mobile controllers. Deezer does not have this option.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Alice07

The Deezer search is, as with many services, a search of the entire catalogue. There’s no separate search of your own favourites or playlists. 

Hmmmm, that sounds bad. Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks @ratty for assisiting. I hope that answered your question @Alice07  about the search feature on Deezer on the Sonos App wherein it's not just limited to your tracks or playlists but to the whole catalogue on Deezer.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out.

@Alice07 

The Deezer search is, as with many services, a search of the entire catalogue. There’s no separate search of your own favourites or playlists. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Alice07, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Deezer. let me help you with this. I’ll ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• Were you able to add Deezer Music Service on the Sonos App?
  • When did the issue start happening?
  • Is it happening or have you tried it on another device controller if it’s the same?
  • Is it only happening on Deezer? have you tried another Music service?

Answer to these questions will help us check further on this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.