Answered

Search Apple Music for specific song or album when setting up an alarm

• 6 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I use the Sonos app 12.2.7 on iOS, mainly in conjunction with Apple Music.

To play a specific song or album, I use the 'search' icon at the bottom of the screen. It works well enough to find anything available on Apple Music.

However, when I want to set an alarm to a specific song or album, the 'search' function is no longer available - I must select a song or an album that has already been added to 'my music' on Apple Music. 

As a result, the procedure is long and inconvenient. First, I go to the Apple Music app and add the song or album to 'my music'. Only then, I return to the Sonos app and set the alarm. Often, when the newly added song or album is not recognized immediately my Sonos, I must close the app and wait for a bit before trying again.

Is there a simpler, more direct way that I am missing ? I would like to be able to search all of Apple Music when setting up an alarm, just as I can when I am looking for something to play on the spot.

Thank you in advance for your replies and suggestions. W.

icon

Best answer by controlav 9 March 2021, 05:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @wladdy, and welcome to the Sonos Community!

This isn’t currently possible with any music services (as none of them have a search function built in to their “Browse" containers), however I’ll be happy to pass that forward as a feature suggestion - it would certainly make choosing a song to wake up to a lot more straightforward :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Use Search to find what you want, and make a Favorite for it. Then go to Alarms and pick that favorite.