Question

Seagate personal cloud

Help - I've purchased a seagate personal cloud to store all my music and I can't work out how to stream this to my sonos system. Can anyone help?

21 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
HI Jeighn,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Have a look at this

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/79/kw/nas/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ0MTQzOTk2MS9zaWQveU9pVHhIdm0%3D

Les

Hope it helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
How did that FAQ Les suggested work for you Jeighn? If you still have questions let us know. In the mean time, I'm moving this thread over to the Music services board.
I have the same problem with my Seagate PersonalCloud NAS. Up to date everything, I can play music on my phones, via MN Data or Wifi, play it on my Google Music Cast, on my PC etc. all across the network. The Sonos sees the drive and music but will not play it - cannot add to the que or similar error message,

Sucks as I have 1TB of music there that I cannot play across the Sonos.

Other Ideas?
Ja Mata wrote:

I have the same problem with my Seagate PersonalCloud NAS. Up to date everything, I can play music on my phones, via MN Data or Wifi, play it on my Google Music Cast, on my PC etc. all across the network. The Sonos sees the drive and music but will not play it - cannot add to the que or similar error message,

Sucks as I have 1TB of music there that I cannot play across the Sonos.

Other Ideas?

So I can play music from the NAS on the Win 10 App. I can search for a "Unable to add song to the Que" When I Try to sort and select via:

Album
All Tracks
Artist
By Folder
Genre/Song
Playlist

But if I search with search icon (magnifying glass) for a song and select it from the results in list:

Music Library
Google Play Music (username)
iHeart Radio
Slacker

I can select and play the song from "Music Library" which I am pretty sure is coming from my NAS.

I am so confused and irritated that I can listen to all my music 9,000 from my house onto my Android phone from my NAS but I cannot select and listen to stuff on my SONOS on my local network.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
So you set-up the My Music folder in Sonos controller on your Windows 10 PC?

Also. The NAS must be on the SAME network as the Sonos. So if the NAS is in a different house it won't work.
I have done it both on the Win 10 PC and on my Android phone App. They both see the NAS - I am on the same network of course as they do see the NAS. I can play some of the material but I get messages that songs cannot be put into the que. It might even be that when I search for even an obscure song on my NAS that Google Play actually has it anyway.

At the end of the day I want to select a category / song / artist / playlist etc. and have it go from the NAS.
Badge +1
Ja Mata wrote:

I have done it both on the Win 10 PC and on my Android phone App. They both see the NAS - I am on the same network of course as they do see the NAS. I can play some of the material but I get messages that songs cannot be put into the que. It might even be that when I search for even an obscure song on my NAS that Google Play actually has it anyway.

At the end of the day I want to select a category / song / artist / playlist etc. and have it go from the NAS.

Hi Ja Mata,

Welcome to the Community. Would you mind submitting a Diagnostic Report and replying with the confirmation number? We can take a look at what's going on. Here's how..
I have the exact same issue. I can see the songs, but Sonos cannot add them to the queue. I verified that all software and firmware is up to date. I also submitted a diagnostic report...number 66648045. Please help!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi, Todd. Happy to take a look, however, your confirmation number contains eight digits; there should only be 7. Can you run diagnostics again, then post the new number?
I have the same issue with my Personal Cloud. I see all my music but Iget the message "Unable to add songs to the queue" when I try to play a track (any track)
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Traned wrote:

I have the same issue with my Personal Cloud. I see all my music but Iget the message "Unable to add songs to the queue" when I try to play a track (any track)

Hi Traned,

Please submit a diagnostic report after you see this error. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll check it out for you.
Hi,
I am having exactly the same issue. I sent a diagnosis report and my reply number is 7670563
THX
Ulf
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hello wulf3n, we can't see any music library present in those diagnostics. Have you attempted to add the library as shown here? https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/79
Hi Miles, your German colleagues helped helped me fix it.
For all with simiIar issues You have to create a music library to pick songs from. You can't access the music files directly.
Badge
Like everyone else Sonos has 'lost' my Seagate NAS. PCs and phones all see it and can play songs using musicplayer and VLC. Sonos library manager won't let me add. Have done diagnostic 8357826
Badge
Always check out your NAS SMB settings. Sonos only uses the old (and highly insecure) SMB1. Most NAS devices by default will default to SMB 2 or best yet SMB 3. You need to reduce your NAS security level to make it work with Sonos.

And, from all indications from the company, there are no plans to resolve this.
Badge
Thanks AustinBike, I'm not technically minded and don't know what this is. If I search settings or go into the help menu it doesn't find SMB. Any further details you can help with? BTW I have tried everything on the Seagate and Sonos sites. Where the NAS site doesn't help is that all 3 PCs (XP, Vista and 10) and Android phones can see and use the NAS music. Only Sonos won't let me add the address to the library. I've tried using the address \\seagate-43FF71\public and every variation I can conceive. What's most annoying is it used to work easily before the app updates.
Badge
SMB should be under protocol in your NAS settings. I use Synology so I can't tell you how Seagate works.

Look to see if you can enable CIFS. This is essentially SMB 1. If you can enable that, let me know if your is accessible by Sonos.
Badge
sorry to take your time but where and how do I enable CIFS. segate help doesn't find the term. the only things i can see to adjust other than date/time.language is DHCP or static.
Badge
Sorry, can't help you, you need a seagate expert I am not that guy
Badge
thanks for your efforts. i'm loathe to mess with the nas as it works everywhere else and used to work with sonos. hope you have a great day.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings