S2 app and Qobuz Hi-Res

Badge +2

If I play Qobuz via AirPlay I can now get Hi-Res quality music, it tells me. If I go through the S2 App to Qobuz it doesn’t tell me if I am getting Hi-Res music - can you tell me if the S2 App is streaming Hi-Res music from Qobuz? Many thanks. John Salmon

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Does anyone know if it has to be through the S2 app or can I still get the 24/48 streaming to the amp through the Qobuz app?

If you mean via the PC then no. As noted, it would be converted to analog in the PC then redigitised at 16/44 by the Amp. You’d need to use the Sonos S2 app to get 24 bit.

I don’t believe Qobuz offers a ‘direct casting to Sonos’ option in their mobile app.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Does anyone know if it has to be through the S2 app or can I still get the 24/48 streaming to the amp through the Qobuz app?

If you mean via the PC then no. As noted, it would be converted to analog in the PC then redigitised at 16/44 by the Amp. You’d need to use the Sonos S2 app to get 24 bit.

I don’t believe Qobuz offers a ‘direct casting to Sonos’ option in their mobile app.

Yeah it looks like they only cast via Airplay. Would really need something similar to Spotify or Tidal connect. 

Hi @Johnsalmon 

Thanks for your post.

Not at this time, no, though you should be receiving 24bit sound if you have the correct subscription from Qobuz. I’ll mark this topic as a feature request and it will be considered.

The problem with this is there are many albums on Qobuz that are listed multiple times. 1 in Hi-res and 1 in CD quality. unless you go into the app you have no idea whether you playing at the highest available quality.

Its really frustrating no knowing the playback rate.. can you please look to add this.. would save a lot of issues for us!

Isn’t it known by how it sounds? On my TV there is the option to know the stream quality, but the eyes can tell it right away without invoking that information.